Hiltzaile is my rogue, and the first Blood Elf that I rolled. From the beginning, I kind of envisioned her like the assassin chick in "Die Hard With a Vengeance", dancing around with sharp objects while the bodies fall all around her. To that end, "Hiltzaile" is a Basque word (yet another send-up to my wife's heritage) that means "Assassin". It's just cooler than naming your toon "Killer".
Hiltz is an Engineer as well. Sometimes I wonder why I even bothered, since it seems like so much of this profession just involves making grenades and other things that go "Boom!", but the initial concept was to make her useful for wipe prevention. Vanish + Jumper Cables on Healer = Win! Of course, the darn things rarely work and have a 1/2 hour cooldown... but I get a cool mechanical dragon out of the gig.
Hiltz is another one of my characters that has always been pretty ridiculously geared for her level, and that has made her fun for solo play. At one point, she was dual-wielding epic daggers (Shadowblade and Gut Ripper) with +15 Agility chants on each one. Admittedly, I've run very few instances her. Part of this is that I feel like I don't contribute so much to the group dynamic as my lockpicking sucks, and I'm not any kind of stunlocking master. The real problem is kind of the same thing that I run into with Toro - everyone else has either a Rogue and/or Hunter, so it's class overload if I bring her. She's 61 now and I haven't even run Ramps yet.
I suppose that I have to place her in there with Noobz on my "to do" list and get her to 70 sometime soon since I think that she'll be a great grinding toon, but I'm so occupied with making Ribeye viable for raiding that I haven't gotten around to it. Upshot: Blue XP and yet more Blue XP.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment